In accordance with our policies and procedures, the Deacon Screening Committee requests that you submit the names of up-to twelve (12) church members to serve a one-year term as Deacon. Nominations must be submitted no later than October 31, 2020.
The office of Deacon is one of the highest calls to service offered by our church. Before making your nominations please review these Biblical and practical qualifications:
Please review these biblical qualifications which give requirements for general reputation, spiritual attributes and family relationships.
Therefore, brothers, select from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Spirit and wisdom (Acts 6:3 HCSB).
Deacons, likewise, should be worthy of respect, not hypocritical, not drinking a lot of wine, not greedy for money, holding the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. And they must also be tested first; if they prove blameless, then they can serve as deacons. Wives, too, must be worthy of respect, not slanderers, self-controlled, faithful in everything. Deacons must be husbands of one wife, managing their children and their own households competently. For those who have served well as deacons acquire a good standing for themselves, and great boldness in the faith that is in Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 3:8-13 HCSB).
Each person nominated must meet the following qualifications and if elected will be held accountable by the Deacon Officers for continuing to meet these qualifications:
- Be a member of Huffman Baptist Church with two (2) consecutive years of membership.
- Be at least twenty-five (25) years of age.
- Exhibit a good report both within and without the church.
- Regularly attend church services, Deacons’ meetings and business meetings unless providentially hindered.
- Cooperate in a willing manner with the Senior Pastor, staff and elected church leadership in the execution of the church’s mission, purpose and vision.
- Be a consistent financial steward, in keeping with biblical qualifications.