Dear Church Family,
This morning our senior leadership met to discuss our next steps going forward. In light of the best information we have received from federal, state and local officials, and with an abundance of caution for the health and well-being of our church family and our broader community, we made the difficult decision to cancel all on-campus gatherings through March 31st.
While we are cancelling all on-campus gatherings, we are not cancelling church. We will continue to be the church on mission to make Jesus known across the street and around the world. Here are some of the ways we will continue to be the church:
- Worship – Even though we will not worship together at 700 Huffman Road, we will air a video worship on the next two Sundays at 10:30 AM via our Facebook Page (@HuffmanBaptist) God is good and is worthy of our praise!
- Pray – Pray for our leaders. Pray for those who are sick. Pray for those who may be lonely.
- Check on Others – With today’s technology it is easy to check on friends, neighbors, family, etc. I am hopeful that all of our Sunday School classes will keep in touch with every member, especially those in nursing homes and homebound.
- Live with Faith – This outbreak has not caught God by surprise. May we have the faith of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego who knew that God was able to deliver them from the fiery furnace. But whose faith was firm, even if God did not deliver them (Daniel 3:16-18).
- Share the Gospel – This crisis provides opportunities for us to engage people’s fear and brokenness with the life-giving message of the gospel. In today’s message, I taught a simple gospel presentation that you can use to share with those who are fearful during this global pandemic. It will be available on the website by Tuesday afternoon.
- Give – Please continue to give your tithes and offerings so that we can continue to make Jesus known across the street and around the world. If you are not able to attend, you can mail your contribution or drop it by the office (unless you are sick) during regular business hours. We are also working on the possibility of providing online giving options.
- Stay informed – We will keep you updated on the latest at HBC via our website and Facebook page. But keep up with reputable news services and the CDC updates.
- Be kind and helpful – As testing increases, confirmed cases will also increase. Don’t panic. Be vigilant. Be smart. Be kind. Be helpful. This is real. But so is God.
The church calendar will be updated in the next two days to reflect our current reality. While there will be no on-campus gatherings or activities, your church staff will continue to work and be available. Let us know if you need anything. We are praying for one another.