It’s August, and that can mean only one thing. It’s time for back to school! This year, that statement has special meaning for us at Huffman Baptist Church. On August 15th, we will welcome nearly 100 students along with the faculty and staff of Banks Academy into their new home on our campus. We prayed for God to send us one family. In his divine will he sent us an entire high school!
Would you join me right now in praying for these scholars, teachers, staff members, and their families. Pray that God would accomplish his will in each of their lives during the 2022-2023 school year. Pray that he might use us to accomplish his purposes.
Banks Academy Open House
You are invited to help Banks celebrate their new home with an Open House on Tuesday, September 13 from 5:30 to 7:00 PM. You will have an opportunity to see the facility and meet teachers, student ambassadors, and Banks Board members. They have asked that we RSVP to: [email protected]
Banks Academy Day at HBC
We want to begin our partnership with Banks Academy by inviting students, faculty, staff, board members, and families to join us for worship on Sunday, August 21 at 10:30 AM. This will be an incredible opportunity for us to set the spiritual direction of our partnership. If you are in town and well, please make your plans to join us for worship!
Updates from Quarterly Family Meeting
We heard several reports at our Family Meeting on August 31. The sale of the North Parking Lot is moving forward with an anticipated closing date in late 2022 or early 2023. Also, we are continuing to accomplish facility improvements in preparation for our Next Generation partnerships. These improvements include installation of fiber optic, high speed internet with WiFi capability throughout the building, updated and improved outside signage, updating and improving restroom facilities, and repairs and replacements to HVAC systems.
As we continue to position ourselves to reach the Next Generation, the personnel team has approved several staffing changes effective August 1:
- Richard Metts has added Senior Adult Pastor to his responsibilities and has given up responsibilities as our Facility Manager.
- Larry Smith is now our Minister of Member Care and Campus Operations (PT ¾).
- Suzy Metts has been employed as Worship and Senior Adult Ministry Assistant (PT).
- Scott Smith has been assigned as Ministry Assistant to Pastors Rob and Bill.
We are continuing to look for and pray about other staff positions, including a Next Generation Pastor (PT) and a Student Minister (PT).
Bible Reading Plan
As we read we are asking God to show us if there is a…
- Sin that we need to confess.
- Promise that we need to claim.
- Attitude that we need to adjust.
- Commandment that we need to obey.
- Example that we need to follow.
Here is the reading plan for the next few weeks:
- August 1 | 1 John 2 – 2 John 1
- August 8 | 3 John 1 – Revelation 3
- August 15 | Revelation 4-8
- August 22 | Revelation 9-13
- August 29 | Revelation 14-18